Please email email@example.com if you're interested in the opportunity below. Please include your resume and contact information.
Digital/Print Production Designer
(2+ Years Experience Minimum)
MKG is a creative agency that specializes in brand experiences. We are looking for a Production Designer to join our team. This designer should have proven professional experience executing final print and final digital files. They will report directly into a Senior Graphic Designer and will work collaboratively with other designers as well as independently. We are looking for a candidate with a strong mix of creative and technical skills, exceptional organization and communication, and meticulous attention to detail.
* Due to COVID-19, the position is currently remote but will transfer back into an office environment (NYC) once permitted.
* Work in tandem with our internal team as well as our clients to understand requests and make plans for execution and delivery of print and digital design files
* Collaborate closely with art directors, designers, account managers, and developers
* Correspond directly with clients frequently
* Develop a deep understanding of our client’s brand guidelines or brand campaigns and be diligent in following them in the creation of related assets
* Understand and implement print file and digital file requirements / specifications for optimized quality (resolutions, color and size accuracies, CMYK vs. RGB, spot color and process, a vector or a raster, material selections, responsive design, etc)
* Lay out simple web pages and web communications
* Create simple icons or infographics
* Use creative / design thinking to make decisions and troubleshoot problems
* Resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
* Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation as needed
* Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
* Prepare images for online and mobile applications
* Create presentation decks for client review and approvals
* Conduct press checks for printed materials
* Check all provided assets to ensure nothing is missing and all are at the quality required
* Bring a strong point of view and suggest edits where work could be stronger
The Ideal Candidate will...
* Be driven, self-motivated and able to work successfully from home as needed
* Possess strong typographic and layout skills
* Demonstrate strict attention to detail and precision, with a keen eye for typos or other potential quality issues
* Remain highly organized throughout all phases of a project
* Be an extremely effective communicator—across verbal, written, and active listening
* Have excellent project management skills—tracking and communicating deadlines and anything needed to meet them
* Show stellar time management and follow through
* Remain poised and highly efficient while juggling multiple projects and requests
* Have a desire to grow with the team and agency
* Be authentically their self, have a point of view and communicate their ideas, while bringing a fresh perspective to our team
* Be dog-friendly
* 2+ years professional experience as a Production Designer or Graphic Designer
* Strong portfolio of creative and technical work across both print and digital
* Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign at minimum)
* Basic knowledge of HTML and web / app development systems
* Sketch and Invision knowledge is a plus
* Basic motion graphic / animation knowledge is a plus
* Experience using Google Docs/Slides/Spreadsheets or similar applications for project organization
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in the opportunity below. Please include your resume and contact information.
Senior People Manager
About MKG + Pink Sparrow Founded in 2003, MKG is an award-winning creative agency specializing in brand experiences. MKG creates experiences for industry-leading brands through a variety of mediums including events, virtual events, retail environments, ecommerce, sponsorship activations, mobile tours and more.
Pink Sparrow, MKG’s sister company, is a design and fabrication shop specializing in experiential environments. Creators driven to bring ideas to life, Pink Sparrow combines thoughtful design with a strategic build approach, and thrives on innovation and collaboration to produce high-quality, impactful environments. .
About ACC MKG and Pink Sparrow are a part of ACC - the Acceleration Community of Companies. ACC is an integrated team of cutting-edge media, marketing, and communications companies, offering best-in-class marketing solutions where strategy, technology and creativity converge.
Job Description We are searching for an organized, self-motivated, and forward thinking Senior People Manager to join the team at MKG and Pink Sparrow. Due to COVID-19, the position is currently remote, but will transfer back into an office environment (NYC-based) once permitted. This role provides a unique opportunity to support our people across our two companies, spanning New York and Los Angeles.
This role will be responsible for implementing human resources strategies (i.e. diversity, equity, and inclusion training, talent planning/development, recruitment, etc.). Additionally, this role will handle employee relations, advise and coach employees across multiple levels and departments, and ensure compliance (statutory and policy), new employee and internship recruitment and onboarding, benefits program management, payroll processing, and performance management across MKG and Pink Sparrow. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is agile, resilient, driven and thoughtful, with a deep concern for creating an environment that allows individuals to reach their full potential in a fast-paced, high energy creative environment.
Reporting into the MKG President, with a dotted line into ACC VP, People and Culture, this person will work closely with the MKG + Pink Sparrow teams to ensure our people are well supported and set up for success.
* Provide strategic HR support and guidance to all full time and hourly employees
* Enable diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”) programming across companies, working alongside key stakeholders in each office
* Lead the new employee experience ensuring thoughtful and robust onboarding
* Partner with department heads on recruitment including job description creation, job postings, sourcing, scheduling, interviewing and extending/negotiating offers
* Manage HRIS systems, which includes new hire paperwork and processing, benefit offerings and processing bi-weekly payroll
* Serve as Employee Relations subject matter expert, engaging VP, People and Culture at ACC when necessary to ensure effective utilization of internal and external resources.
* Leads investigative efforts of employee and labor relations issues, grievances and responds to concerns
* Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in human resources, talent management, and employment law
* Oversee the internship program experience including recruitment, onboarding and programming
* Lead on-going training and implementation of semi-annual performance review program
* Create contractor agreements and maintain all personnel files
* Ensure compliance of policies and procedures as well as adherence to federal, state and local labor laws
* Must exercise confidentiality
* Has 7+yrs of work experience as a human resources business partner/generalist (creative field, agency-side strongly preferred)
* Demonstrated experience in various areas of human resources: employee relations, recruiting, talent management/succession planning, employee engagement, etc.
* Knowledgeable of employment and labor laws in NYC and CA
* Extremely proactive, highly organized, and ability to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy work flow processing.
* Is flexible and adaptable to changing environments